Managing financial resources wisely and well is one of the most important aspects of managing a voluntary organisation.
Whether you are dealing with a small grant or a large and complex budget, the ground rules are the same - you are responsible for funds intended to benefit your cause and community so you need to ensure that all funding is properly accounted for and that you get best value for money.
Sound financial management covers everything from good book-keeping and having the relevant policies and procedures in place to knowing how to budget, fundraise to meet your needs and report back accurately to stakeholders.
- Helping to write a comprehensive budget
- Cashflow forecasting
- Management accounting
- Advice on how to prepare accounts for independent examination
- Advice on how to set up payroll and comply with HMRC
- Pension enrolment
- Advice and support to comply with statutory bodies such as Companies House, HMRC and Charities Commission.
- Coaching and one to one training (Finance)