Community development and engagement has been brought into the heart of KCSC since the Grenfell fire of June 2017.
The purpose of this shift in emphasis is to ensure place, people and community assets are a foundation to decision making.
North Kensington’s community is in a period of profound flux, on the precipice of brighter future which can be co-produced by the people who live and work in the area, in conjunction with the Council, West London Clinical Commissioning Group, voluntary and community organisations and other principal stakeholders.
This is not a given, and it will require constant vigilance, nurturing and support. KCSC aims to ensure we are shoulder-to-shoulder with our community, providing the conditions and support structures to enable social action and community voice to flourish.
KCSC wants to build and support community-led social action in line with our mission and values, and to build and support local community alliances.
We will do this by seeking to:
- Strengthen civic participation through training and upskilling
- Support the raising of local voices for influence
- Create and/or support opportunities for closer working between grassroots community groups/local actors and the statutory and voluntary sector e.g facilitated meetings
- Optimise the Grenfell Network Group to help co-ordinate and improve local services for North Kensington
- Support the development of local community-led initiatives – such as emerging CIC’s