A fundraising strategy is an important part of any organisation’s business plan regardless of size or purpose.
Developing a fundraising strategy will enable your organisation to better plan for the future by giving you some indication of the resources you will need to generate to carry out your work.
A well-written fundraising strategy will:
- Help you assess whether your objectives are realistic and achievable.
- Allow you to take a fully rounded view of income generation. You should consider different ways of generating income. Over-reliance on a single source could leave your organisation vulnerable.
- Enable you to better focus your fundraising efforts.
- Ensure that fundraising is built in to your organisations overall work plan.
- Identify who is responsible for raising money and identify timescales.
There is a lot of advice available on the web to help you get started with your fundraising strategy. If you are looking for one-to-one support, please get in touch by emailing [email protected].