- Contact Us
Chelsea Open Air Nursery School and Children's Centre is a maintained nursery school offering nursery education to 80 3 and 4 yr olds. The Children's Centre forms part of the local Early Help offer and runs a vast array of community events for families with children under five years.
Chickenshed's mission is to create entertaining and outstanding theatre that celebrates diversity and inspires positive change. Chickenshed is a theatre company with 40 years' experience in teaching and creating theatre. We are renowned for our inclusive approach to making theatre which means working with people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to create work that is inspired by the people taking part. The result is vibrant uplifting and imaginative theatre that is hugely enjoyed by both participants and audiences alike.
We run regular theatre workshops , during term times for children , young people and adults within the Tri Borough as well as our theatre in Southgate.
The aim of the charity is to provide information, support and advice to the ethnic Chinese in the UK who are disadvantaged by either poverty, linguistic and cultural barriers or being in a disadvantaged situation.
A Roman Catholic Church
In addition to our main offices we also operate out of The Curve Community Centre every weekday 10am to 11am and again 5pm to 8pm. We can give free independent confidential advice all residents affected by Grenfell and if you prefer we can meet you at different locations. We have a team of specialist advisers who can help with all aspects of Housing, Welfare Benefits, Employment, Debt and Consumer. We can also have a chat with you about any concerns you might have around receiving charitable donations such as savings plans, setting up a trust, managing your money or any other matters.
We provide advice and information on rights and responsibilities across all subject areas for those who live work or study in Hammersmith and Fulham. We have a range of projects that deliver across the tri-borough, pan-London and nationally. We train adults on money management and digital skills and we run the Avonmore Library service. We are a member of the Citizens Advice network who deliver independent, confidential, free and impartial service. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
We are a non-profit making Organisation providing access to high quality art& environmental projects for people living in North-west Kensington.
Our artists are qualified, experienced in teaching and police checked.
All our activities are underpinned by equal opportunities and respect for the individual.
Corner Nine provides a safe place where people in small groups can concentrate on developing the creative aspect of their abilities
Kensington and Chelsea Cruse Bereavement Care offers a free support service to anybody living or working in the boroughs of Kensington & Chelsea or Hammersmith & Fulham whose normal life has been severely disrupted by the loss of someone they love.
Developing Diversity in Culture, Arts, Heritage
Dadihiye Somali Development Organisation is a registered Charity (1041387) and Company limited by guarantee (8192593) that has been operating since in 1994 in UK. The main aim of the organisation is to cater for disadvantaged, low income and socially isolated people from emerging new communities in particular women who have language and cultural barriers & a lack of understanding of UK systems, preventing them access to mainstream services to help with issues such as poverty, unemployment, underachievement of children in schools & housing amongst others. We work with the Somali (our largest client group), and other BME communities seeking support. Dadihiye has over 20 years experience of providing services to the local Somali and BME communities including:-
• Professional information, advice and casework service on welfare benefits, housing, legal, family, energy efficiency, basic debt and social care issues.
• Development of counselling and advocacy for Somali families that have been traumatised by the civil war and assisting them to settle in the UK.
• Relief of poverty and enhancement of skills to reduce social exclusion and encourage integration at all levels within the community, wider society and promote values of respect and tolerance.
• Provide translation and interpretation services and facilitate access to other support services and mainstream services.
• Sign-posting individuals, including young people to training courses to provide them with qualification and skills to reach their potential and high expectations and become active members of their community and the wider society and to be models for others, especially within their own communities.
• Formation of a Somali cultural centre where the younger generation can have a deeper understanding of their roots through Somali culture and literature.
We have recently been involved in assisting families and community members affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy on a various number of issues in collaboration with other local groups and the local authority.
Our services and activities are provided by a team of experienced and dedicated staff members and volunteers who are from within the area and have built trust with the community over a number of years.