- Contact Us
Dadihiye Somali Development Organisation is a registered Charity (1041387) and Company limited by guarantee (8192593) that has been operating since in 1994 in UK. The main aim of the organisation is to cater for disadvantaged, low income and socially isolated people from emerging new communities in particular women who have language and cultural barriers & a lack of understanding of UK systems, preventing them access to mainstream services to help with issues such as poverty, unemployment, underachievement of children in schools & housing amongst others. We work with the Somali (our largest client group), and other BME communities seeking support. Dadihiye has over 20 years experience of providing services to the local Somali and BME communities including:-
• Professional information, advice and casework service on welfare benefits, housing, legal, family, energy efficiency, basic debt and social care issues.
• Development of counselling and advocacy for Somali families that have been traumatised by the civil war and assisting them to settle in the UK.
• Relief of poverty and enhancement of skills to reduce social exclusion and encourage integration at all levels within the community, wider society and promote values of respect and tolerance.
• Provide translation and interpretation services and facilitate access to other support services and mainstream services.
• Sign-posting individuals, including young people to training courses to provide them with qualification and skills to reach their potential and high expectations and become active members of their community and the wider society and to be models for others, especially within their own communities.
• Formation of a Somali cultural centre where the younger generation can have a deeper understanding of their roots through Somali culture and literature.
We have recently been involved in assisting families and community members affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy on a various number of issues in collaboration with other local groups and the local authority.
Our services and activities are provided by a team of experienced and dedicated staff members and volunteers who are from within the area and have built trust with the community over a number of years.