- Contact Us
No child in the UK should grow up to be poor or lonely just because they are blind
• 90% of those who lose their sight in youth won’t work for more than six months in their lives
• Most will never have someone to share their life with
The Royal Society for Blind Children believe in a better life for blind children.
We are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil the potential we know they’ve got.
Make no mistake – helping blind children to believe they can achieve will take time and money. But we’ll do it from the ground up, working with our wonderful donors and volunteers to deliver the five things we believe will transform the life chances of every blind child in England and Wales.
How are we going to do it?
1. Helping parents first
2. Excellent and inclusive education
3. Build friendships and character
4. Getting young people job ready
5. Harnessing technology
By 2020 we want to have helped 11,000 children and with 178 years of experience behind us and the support of our donors, we know we’ll get there get there.