Bikeworks and RBKC are teaming up to offer any adult resident in the borough free cycle maintenance courses throughout February and March.
Beginners and Intermediate courses - Free for residents - normal price £84
These courses teach an introduction to cycle maintenance. Participants will learn how different components work and how to maintain them at home. Courses are informal, fun and aimed at building confidence.
Beginners course content
• Puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
• M-Check (check that major components are safe and roadworthy)
• Adjusting brakes and replacing brake pads
• Adjusting brake cable tension
• Preventative care e.g. how to clean and lubricate your bike parts
Intermediate course content
• An in depth look at brakes (cables, maintenance)
• Setting up gears
• Derailleur limit screws demonstration
• Principles of adjusting derailleur (front and rear) also known as indexing
• Basic wheel truing
For more information, click here.