- Contact Us
French African Welfare Association (FAWA) is a community based organisation, a registered charity established in 2002 by members of the French Speaking African community specifically to improve the General health and well-being of the African community particularly French speaking African in London and to network with other organisations and link our beneficiaries with other communities.
FAWA works with families and individuals, who are struggling to adapt to life in the UK; provides advice and support on a variety of issues including health, welfare benefits and housing, parenting skills, training and employment, education, translation and interpretation services.
FAWA could achieve the above aims and objectives by providing the following activities or services for and on behalf of its service-users:
• The provision of information, advice and advocacy;
• Support to relatives to improve family ties and minimise loneliness and isolation;
• Referral of clients to specialist service providers, e.g. NHS hospitals, GUM
• Outreach-based work, including assistance with GP registration;
• Translation and interpretation services;
• A Drop-In Services for clients;
• Organizing workshops and seminars on health, social and educational issues;
• Conducting assessments on the needs of French speaking African communities;
• Networking with other agencies that provide services to the client community.
• Counseling and Emotional support for people living or affected by HIV/AIDs.