245, Walmer road, Walmer road
Tel: 07961 447 116
Black and Minority Ethnic, Local Residents, Men, Older People, Refugees, Vulnerable Adults, Women
Community / Social club, Health and Wellbeing, Information / Advice / Guidance, Other
To provide a forum for socially isolated and /or disabled elderly refugees whose first language is Farsi in order to provide them with;
• programmes which will address health and social care inequalities promoting a better self-care and self-responsibility
• Fostering a more positive self-image.
• To encouraging the elders to be in touch with one another.
• To liaise working with health and social care agencies to provide a programme of enablement.
• To supporting the users to maintain an independent life.
• To identify social and health care needs and share the information with the users.
We have provided a therapeutic space and non-threatening environment for elders to meet and exchange ideas and where they can continue to build their knowledge of local resources.
Trusting relationships are gradually built up with statutory and non-statutory services. This is making a contributions to the way in which elders are enabled to build their networks, reduce fear and a sense of isolation.