Did you know that 92% of charity trustees are white? Or that while two thirds of charity staff are women, they only make up one third of leadership positions?
KCSC's new Kensington and Chelsea Together programme (K&CT) is designed to help increase diversity, inclusion and resident participation in charities and voluntary organisations across the borough. Our aim is to help make sure that local organisations represent the people they serve, and that any opportunities for people to work, volunteer or lead are accessible to as much of the community as possible.
Why get involved in a charity or community group?
- Have a greater say in local decision-making;
- Help influence or shape the services and facilities in your area;
- Support neighbours or make a difference in your community;
- Gain new skills and experience or build self confidence;
- Socialise, meet new people, and make connections; and
- Further your career.
How can I get involved?
Together with the Volunteer Centre (VCKC), KCSC provides support to those wishing to take on roles in the sector. We connect people to opportunities available in the area, and offer activities and training to help overcome the barriers to participation that they may face.
if you would like to hear more about these opportunities, give us a call on 020 7243 9800 or send an email to email@example.com.
Image from ACAVA: The Big Draw Event, October 2019 (Credit Ashleigh Ramel)