Did you know that 92% of charity trustees are white? Or that while two thirds of charity staff are women, they only make up one third of leadership positions?
KCSC's new Kensington and Chelsea Together programme (K&CT) is designed to help increase diversity, inclusion and resident participation in charities and voluntary organisations across the borough. Our aim is to help make sure that any opportunities for people to work, volunteer or lead are accessible to as much of the community as possible.
Why get involved in the charity and community sector?
People choose to get involved for different reasons, including wanting to:
- Have a greater say in local decision-making;
- Help influence or shape the services and facilities in their area;
- Support neighbours or make a difference in the community;
- Gain new skills and experience or build self confidence;
- Socialise, meet new people, and make connections; and
- Further their career.
How can I get involved?
Together with the Volunteer Centre (VCKC), KCSC will provide support to those wishing to take on roles in the sector. We will help connect people to any opportunities available in the area, and offer activities and training to help overcome the barriers to participation that they may face.
if you would like to hear more about these opportunities, give us a call on 020 7243 9800 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to share your thoughts on what kind of support would be helpful, or have ideas on how to make local organisations more inclusive, you can:
- Complete our survey - to help us understand the current opportunities and barriers to participation that exist in the sector
- Apply to become a Steering Group member - to get involved in the design of the K&CT programme and provide advice to the staff team
- Get in touch - to have an informal chat about the programme