Welcome to our Covid-19 Resources page.
Below are some key Government and Public Health links related to Covid-19. In addition there are further links specifically for Health and Wellbeing, and Organisations on navigating the current pandemic.
- What you can and can't do FAQ's
- Government guidance and support
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea updates and support
- Latest NHS information and advice
In light of the latest Government guidance on social contact rules and to help prevent the spread of coronavirus, the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) Council are asking voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations not to hire out community spaces and rooms for private functions.
- For updated guidance on how the Rule of 6 will impact community centres and facilities please click here.
- For guidance on reducing transmission of coronavirus please click here.
Venues following COVID-19 secure guidelines can host more than 6 people in total, but no one should visit or socialise in a group of greater than 6. It is also important that people from different households (who are not meeting as a support bubble) remain socially distanced. Further information on social contact rules, social distancing and the exemptions that exist can be found on GOV.UK. These rules will not apply to workplaces or education settings, alongside other exemptions.
Please note especially:
- Sections 2a and 3c – these relate to the ‘rule of 6’… essentially you cannot have more than 6 people together in a bubble in any activity, nor should you allow larger groups to enter/visit together. You can have as many as your facility has capacity for, so long as each bubble of 6 follows social distancing rules (remains 2 metres apart), people wear face masks (see guidance for exemptions) and people don’t mingle between bubbles. Birthday party, large weddings etc hires should not be allowed as they can’t be fully risk assessed.
See below extract from section 3c:
For activities and social groups where there is a significant likelihood of groups mixing and socialising (and where it will be difficult to prevent mingling and therefore breaking the law) should not take place in a community facility.
- Section 2g – this is a new requirement on community facilities which comes with financial penalties if not complied with.
- COVID-19: Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities guidance ( updated 14 September 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Meeting with others safely (social distancing) (updated 14 September 2020)
- Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) (updated 11 September 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): What has changed (9 September 2020)
- RBKC mobile testing
If you would like further information or resources not included here please get in touch with us by calling us on 020 7243 9800 or Email us.