- Contact Us
Delegates will learn about causes and effects of fires, as well as how to prevent their spread and implement necessary emergency procedures. The course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and can be combined with our fire extinguisher practical course for a more intensive training experience to cover all fire risks.
Outline of the Programme:
• The role of the fire marshal and responsibilities.
• Relevant legislation and guidelines.
• Preventing fires and the spread of them within buildings.
• Fighting fires with both fixed installations and portable extinguishers.
• Fire hazards and causes of fires.
• Emergency protocol, including evacuation, emergency lighting and assembly points.
• Fire alarms, fire drills and safety training.
• Fire risk assessment.
• Understanding categories of fire and how they differ.
• Meaning of the colour codes on fire extinguishers.
• Regular fire safety inspections and keeping a fire log.
The event is completely free for voluntary and community organisations working with residents living in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Spaces are limited to 2 people per organisation.
This event is funded by RBKC and is part of the Grenfell Community Leadership Programme.
See all of our other KCSC's Community Leadership Programme training and events here.
Terms and Conditions
By booking, you are confirming acceptance of our Terms and Conditions
Attendees who fail to show up without notifying us at least 3 days in advance of the event start time in writing or by email are liable to be charged a cancellation fee of £30.