Join Superhighways for an introductory tour of the VOICE web platform, and learn how to set up your own website free-of-charge.
VOICE is an easy to use publishing platform designed for the voluntary and community sector. It makes editing a website simple - allowing you to publish, edit and modify content on your website. It’s also free for charities and community groups.
In this beginner's training session, you will learn:
- How to log in and move round your site
- Adding and editing text
- Adding an editing an image or photo
- Adding a link to an email or another website
- Adding a link to a page within your own website
- Adding a document
- Adding a new page
- Search engine optimisation
- Changing your design template (Look and Feel)
- Good practice - some more tips for success
By the end of the course you will be familiar with adding and editing pages on your website, with top tips for website best practice.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who works for a small charity or community group in London who wants to get started updating their charity’s Voice website.
To attend the training, you need have access to your website and have administrator permissions. Please arrange this before attending, if you are not the current site administrator.
Our focus is on teaching the core skills to update existing and add new content to your charity website. If you are already confident with Voice basics and looking for more advanced support, you could book on a Superhighways ‘Ask an Expert’ session with our Voice trainer Philippa Leary.
And finally, if you are considering setting up a new website but undecided whether Voice is the right tool for your organisation, why not get in touch with Philippa for a discussion.
Format: Online technical group training
This is an online interactive, live training session
- You'll take part in interactive exercises such as breakout room discussions, polls or chat conversations.
- You'll be asked to complete individual technical tasks on your PC or laptop.
- You will not be able to join this training using a mobile device.
- It's likely that you will need to either create online accounts or download appropriate software, which we'll tell you about in advance.