Suicide Safe Communities Sessions
Are you an organisation that has experience or interest in supporting our communities with mental health concerns, specifically suicide prevention?
The bi-borough RBKC and Westminster Public Health department have been working with Every Life Matters, an expert provider in this area to lead on a series of information and developmental sessions as part of the launch of a local suicide safer initiative. Working with them, and partners locally, Public Health will customise a local model including a package of training materials. It is then the intention to commission a lead voluntary sector organisation or partner locally to drive the programme forward.
Public Health are inviting stakeholders to attend two sessions to review the Every Life Matter model and what can be learnt from it, to develop a local offer.
Session 1: An introduction to Every Life Matters Community Suicide Prevention Training programme that will delve into the following:
- Delivery of sample sections of the training and key messages.
- Overview of learning outcomes and competencies.
- Evidence base for community suicide prevention training.
- Target audiences and key gatekeepers.
- Additional Suicide Prevention Training Programmes available in the UK.
To Join Session 1 via Microsoft Teams:
Join on your computer or mobile app
- For information on Session 2 (29 April 2021) please click here.
- A third session will follow before tender, to review and respond to queries on the finalised specification.