KCSC will be sending out weekly bulletins in relation to the borough’s response to the Covid-19 outbreak – and more frequent bulletins should the need arise – to ensure that there is effective communication, shared widely.
We have met with RBKC Council and also taken part in a wider discussion with representatives from the Council, NHS and Public Health. The intention is to co-ordinate responses across all sectors, and ideally, create single points of access for the public and for organisations; we’ll send out more information as it becomes available.
AgeUK K&C is leading on providing additional support for older people, working in partnership with a number of other local organisations (Open Age, Resonate Arts, Venture Centre, Westway Trust, Westway Community Transport, Al Manaar, Notting Hill Methodist Church, LWRA, Pepperpot, St Cuthberts Church among many others) and in particular the Volunteer Centre K&C.
Importantly, we are also looking at how to increase support to other vulnerable people over the next few days.
Send us more information
KCSC is looking at how to pull together information about what services are already available for vulnerable people, and we’ll give you more information as soon as we can.
If your organisation is looking at co-ordinating services, then please let us know and we can include this in future bulletins. Similarly if you have any other relevant information to share, let us know. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacts for organisations seeking information about additional services
Organisations which work with service users aged 65+ should email Jess Millwood at Age UK K&C (email@example.com )
Organisations which work with other vulnerable groups should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Offers of volunteering help should be referred to the Volunteer Centre K&C https://www.voluntarywork.org.uk/
Appeal for additional staff
We are aware that some organisations may have staffing resource which could temporarily be made available to other organisations looking at providing additional services.
If your organisation may be in this position then please contact us as a matter of urgency by emailing email@example.com.
- Age UK Food Bank Essentials Needed
- Update on Loss of Income, Business Continuity Insurance for Charities
- Easy read information about Coronavirus from the NHS.
- RBKC dedicated Coronavirus (Covid-19) web portal
- NVCO - Coronavirus Guidance for Organisations
- Options and tips for remote working from Superhighways
Sources of information
- Latest guidelines from Public Health England and NHS England, including guidelines on working in the community and home visits.
- General information about the condition.
- Managing wellbeing
- NCVO has provided information to voluntary and community sector organisations to be found here.
- Useful information from ACAS is here.