Would you like to be a Trustee with our charity? We are an independent charity, formed in 1987, that works across West and Central London in support of vulnerable adults and children, including people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health issues and physical disabilities, their family and carers. We are based in Ladbroke Grove W10. Our aim is to help everyone to:
- be heard
- have more control over their lives
- achieve personal aims and dreams
- be safe from harassment and abuse
- increase their independence and participate and contribute to community life
- have the information and opportunities that support physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Our Trustees make sure we:
- are doing what our members want and are safe
- follow what it says in our governance document and
- abide by Charity Commission and government rules and regulations
- monitor, review and plan all our services and finances properly.
- Our Council Of Management (COM) meetings – Trustees and 4 Service User members – meet 4 times a year in the evening. Our AGM and one COM meeting (4pm) is open to everyone: members, carers, volunteers and staff.
- Our Finance Committee – Chaired by our Treasurer meets 4 times a year in the evening.
- We are particularly looking for people with experience of or an interest in social care, finance, HR, media or health services.
- For more information, to arrange a visit or to apply (with CV and covering letter) please contact Nic Walsh (Chief Executive) – 0208 964 0544 email firstname.lastname@example.org -
- Closing Date 28th February 2020
- 73 St Charles Square, London W10 6EJ