The Family Services Select Committee is reviewing the education support provided by the Council to pupils and students affected by the Grenfell tragedy. The review looks into the Council’s initiatives, intervention, and support to help and to monitor the school attainment and overall progress of the students affected by the Grenfell tragedy.
Some of the questions that scrutiny members are asking are:
• have Council programmes of support effectively delivered what they set out to do?
• what have been the outcomes, so far, of the Council’s education support for pupils/students affected by Grenfell?
• have intended recipients (and/or others) benefited from it? If so, how?
The purpose of this review is to make recommendations to the Council on how to move forward with and improve its education support for children.
The Select Committee is launching a Call for Evidence to invite:
• schools located in the most directly affected area
• community organisations working with children and young people affected to support them in their education and wellbeing in North Kensington
to provide their views, experiences and evidence of the education and wellbeing support you provide to children, of the support you receive from the Council in doing this and of the questions mentioned above.
The Select Committee welcomes any information you can provide to inform the review. They would particularly like to know:
• what is your appraisal of the support you can offer affected children?
• what is your appraisal of the support that you have received from the Council, if any?
• If you have heard of, or received support from, the Council’s Grenfell Education Fund, could you provide feedback on it?
• In your view, how can the provision to support children be improved?
Please send your responses by Friday 19 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and write ‘Education support submission’ in the subject line. Please also state clearly who the submission is from (whether from yourself in a personal capacity or sent on behalf of an organisation).
If you are unable to use email, please post responses to:
Kensington Town Hall
The Town Hall