Jobs in Mind are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to become part of an innovative whole systems mental health service in West London. They are looking for an organised and dynamic person to join their Navigator Service.
You will offer practical support to people with mental health issues in relation to a wide range of social related needs, including benefits, housing and debt. You will support people to access services and support and enable them to access specialist advice and information. You will also work with people to take steps to improve their wellbeing.You will be building and maintaining constructive working relationships with service users, carers, families, colleagues, lay people and wider community networks. You will be at the centre of a team working across and alongside a wide range of both internal and external services.
The Navigator Service is provided by Jobs In Mind and SMART (St Mary Abbots Rehabilitation and Training) and is funded by West London Clinical Commissioning Group (NHS). The service is for people with long term mental health needs who are registered with a GP Practice in the Kensington & Chelsea and the Queens Park or Paddington areas.The Navigator Service is part of the Community Living Well Service that brings together a range of clinical and wellbeing services to offer coordinated support to promote social, physical and mental wellbeing. The Community Living Well service is provided by the NHS and voluntary sector organisations, working in partnership.
You will work primarily from the Community Living Well Hubs at Violet Melchett Health Centre (SW3 5RR) and St Charles Centre for Health and Wellbeing (W10 6DZ).
The selection process will involve a written exercise.
Applications are particularly welcome from people who have lived experience of mental ill health as a user of services or as carer.
You will have 28 days annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
- For further details of how to apply please refer to the Job Description and Application Form through this link here.
- Closing date for applications: Tuesday 11th September (5pm) 2018.
- Shortlisting: Wednesday 12th September 2018.
- Interviews: Monday 17th September 2018 at Violet Melchett Health Centre, Community Living Well Service, 2nd Floor, 30 Flood Walk, Chelsea, London, SW3 5RR
- Feedback: In the interests of economy we will only notify those candidates who are shortlisted. Unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to candidates not shortlisted.