What is London Futures?
London Futures is an employability programme for young Londoners (18-25) with learning disabilities and/or mental health problems, facing social isolation and loneliness. Using sport and specialised mentoring, these young Londoners unite to compete in employability challenges to improve their career aspirations and become more integrated in their communities.
How does it work?
London Futures is a 12-month programme that is structured in the following way:
- Weekly sports activities to reduce anxiety, stress and associated conditions.
- Weekly mentoring from a Coach Mentor with lived experience that can advise and guide throughout the programme.
- Access to specialists from Mind who will support our young Londoners (if/when needed) throughout the programme.
- A 10 part employability challenge with opportunities to compete as teams.
- For more information, please click here.
The programme for 2019 is in process. More details on the programme beginning in January 2020 will be released closer to the time.