Open Age are currently looking for two Link Up Outreach and Support Coordinators to join their team helping to combat isolation and loneliness among older people in London. The Link Up team is central to Open Age’s mission of supporting older people in London. As a member of the Link Up team, you will connect with individuals who have become isolated and help them take part in activities run by Open Age and other organisations. You will also have the opportunity to personally facilitate the running of new activities. Working closely with the Link Up Programme Manager, you will help develop referral routes that allow Open Age to identify and engage with older people who are most at risk from the effects of isolation and loneliness.
In order to secure this opportunity, you will need the following:
- Awareness of issues affecting the lives of people over 50 and a commitment to Positive Ageing
- Excellent listening skills, combined with patience and understanding
- Experience supporting vulnerable adults on a 1:1 basis
- Community outreach experience in a related field such as: community health; community housing; community education or development work with disadvantaged groups
- The ability to independently manage the delivery of a small project
To apply, please click here.
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 18th April. Interviews will be held on either 23rd or 24th April.
Successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.