Goldfinger, the award-winning social enterprise, is hiring!
The Head of Sales & Business Development role is a unique opportunity for a strategically-minded, driven and innovative individual with a commitment to sustainability and positive social impact to lead the strategy for the bespoke division of Goldfinger, joining our small but mighty team of twelve . The focus of the role is to help us set and achieve our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. This role will be responsible for maximising our sales potential, crafting sales plans and articulating those plans to the senior management team.
The role involves identifying new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow. The main responsibility is to generate sales leads, drive a sales engagement, and develop project briefs with the clients. This role would suit a candidate with experience in design or furniture making, looking to make an impact within a sustainable, values-led organisation. With plans to scale, there is a significant opportunity to grow this role and the Bespoke team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Sales & Business Development
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands Goldfinger’s customer base to achieve growth and hit sales targets: by selling in our bespoke furniture making services to architectural and design companies, developers, corporates, new property owners with a focus on clients who share our values of sustainability, inclusivity and good design
- Be an advocate for Goldfinger’s products and services at events, trade shows, conferences and seminars as well as in formal presentations to architects, designers and targeted organisations
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs while at the same time identifying new partners and customers that can further grow our customer base
- Present sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status and how these fit with our mission as a social enterprise
- Develop and expand relationships with corporates and other material donors to grow our collection of low-carbon, sustainably-sourced materials
- Expand our network of tree surgeons, estate owners and timber merchants who have access to local trees and how to integrate them into our supply chain
- Line management of Senior Design & Production Manager and In-House Designer and Maker(s)
- Overview of financial controls for Bespoke division
- Strategic support including weekly sales meetings, quota attainment, monthly finance meetings and quarterly Advisory Board meetings
- 5+ years of relevant business development or sales experience and consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Significant sales experience within the design and architecture industries
- Strategically-minded and innovative with a commitment to sustainability and positive social impact
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong leadership and team building skills with line management experience
- Excellent relationship builder with strong presentation, influencing and negotiation skills both inside and outside the organisation
- Experience with and understanding of construction drawings
- Understanding manufacturing and the running of a woodworking workshop
- Technical knowledge of furniture and product making processes
- Knowledge of various software suites (GSuite, Xero, Podio)
Please email your CV, a cover letter (no more than 2 sides) outlining how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 30th January 2022. Interviews will be arranged as applications come in so an early application is advised. For further information or to organise an informal phone call about the role, please email email@example.com
For further information and to learn more about Goldfinger, visit: www.goldfinger.design