The Mayor of London has established a Warmer Homes programme offering free advice and financial support to fuel poor households, including:
- Telephone advice on saving energy and keeping warm at home
- Home energy visits with the installation of small measures, e.g. draught excluders
- Advice and support with energy bill debt and billing disputes with suppliers
- Grants of up to £20,000 per household to improve heating and insulation
- Support with applications for energy bill discounts
Eligibility for the scheme is based on a household income of £20k after housing costs. There are three Warmer Homes Advice Service providers that support applicants, for North & East London, West London and South London. A pathway for social prescribers to refer patients through a single point of contact is hoped to be established soon.
For full information, visit the Greater London Authority website here.