We are looking to hire a freelance furniture Designer & Maker to work with us from time to time in our Workshop. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing, creative product and furniture business with an ethical, sustainable design focussed, Design and Production team and would suit a talented individual with experience of designing and making products in solid wood.
Working alongside our resident designer-maker as part of a small team of creatives you will be involved in a wide range of tasks and projects including:
- Making bespoke fine furniture as well as small batch products
- Safe use of our workshop machines: table and mitre saws as well as power and hand tools
- Working closely with the whole team and directly alongside our Lead Designer-Maker
- The opportunity to present projects to clients on and off site
- Reading, drawing and understanding production technical drawings using CAD
- Helping maintain a tidy workshop and materials store
- Has thorough understanding of wood and its material characteristics (mostly hardwood)
- Is a creative designer and a skilled maker
- Is a strong independent worker as well as a team player
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Brings knowledge and experience to the company as it grows
- Shares our passion for contemporary furniture/product design, traditional and modern woodworking techniques and attention to detail
- UK Driving licence
- Experience of workshop facilitation / teaching
- Experience with using multiple software packages (Rhino, CAD, SolidWorks)
- Living in the local community (W10, W11, W12, NW10, NW6, W9)
- The success of each project and the company as a whole, relies on every member of the team working together, so we are looking for makers who thrive on teamwork.
The interview process will take place in two stages:
- Workshop visit and interview
- Successful candidates will then take part in a one-day Workshop trial
Please send your CV and portfolio plus a covering letter to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 30th January 2022.
Interviews will be arranged as applications come in so an early application is advised.
For further information and to learn more about Goldfinger, visit: www.goldfinger.design