KCSC will be sending out weekly bulletins to provide information about the response within RBKC to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Please let us know if you have any comments, or would like to see any other information.
Voluntary and Community Sector services in response to Covid-19
Under-65 food distribution service
This service, originally set up by KCSC, in partnership with RBKC as part of the Community Resilience Group, will be managed by the Venture Centre from 1st July. However, the delivery of the service will remain the same and the Venture Centre will continue to be supported by Bay 20 and SMART.
Applications for the service continue to be made as follows:
- By organisations using a standard referral form which is then sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The form can be completed over the phone, by organisations or individuals calling the Council’s Covid-19 Hub RBKC's Single Point of Access helpline on 020 7361 4326.
- Individuals can also access the referral form online via the Council website.
If you have any queries then please call the Venture Centre on 020 8960 3234.
65-plus food distribution service
Age UK K&C, has been providing with many local partners, is leading on providing additional support for people of 65 and older. However, the service will not be accepting any new referrals, from Monday 22nd June. Age UK have provided details of alternative sources of support for those in this group.
KCSC helpline for the Voluntary Sector, agencies and health professionals
KCSC is running a helpline for use by organisations and professionals wishing to refer or signpost their clients to other services.
KCSC is working with voluntary and community sector partners to co-ordinate a ‘shopping’ offer for people who are not eligible for food distribution services and can afford shopping, but are unable to do their own shopping due to vulnerability or shielding. Contact details for the service are:
- If you are a professional call 020 7243 9804 or email the completed referral form to email@example.com to refer someone.
- Or residents can call the RBKC Covid Hub themselves on 020 7361 4326.
Emergency support for funding applications
KCSC is offering the following support to any organisation working with residents in Kensington and Chelsea:
- Proof-reading grant applications
- Advice and guidance on project planning (whether longer-term or short-term in response to COVID-19)
- Telephone, video call or email support to structure funding applications
- Information, advice and guidance on short/long-term organisational development priority
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latest Government guidelines, in summary
- Latest guidelines from Public Health England and NHS England, including guidelines on working in the community and home visits
- RBKC dedicated Coronavirus (Covid-19) web portal
- Doctors of the World updated Covid-19 Translated Guidance
- Age UK Food Bank Essentials Needed