KCSC will be sending out weekly bulletins in relation to the borough’s response to the Covid-19 outbreak – and more frequent bulletins should the need arise – to ensure that there is effective communication, shared widely.
We continue regular virtual meetings with RBKC Council and other key stakeholders from NHS and Public Health. As you will know, the government announced at the weekend that there is to be additional support for the most vulnerable in our community, and the Council is currently working on how to deliver this.
The 65-plus service will launch soon (see below) and the next step will be to develop services for all other vulnerable residents; information will follow shortly.
Age UK K&C, with many local partners (as per our previous update), is leading on providing additional support for people of 65 and older. Plans for storage and distribution centres which will handle food and other essential supplies are well underway. Free Care packages with food and basic essentials will be delivered to people over 65 who:
· Are self-isolating
· Live alone (or with a partner also over 65 also self-isolating)
· Do not have local support networks who can bring food and supplies to them
· Have consented to receive the service
It is expected that these arrangements will be operational this week.
Information needed from organisations urgently! - what services are you currently running?
KCSC is gathering information from organisations about their services that are now in place to support residents and the Covid-19 response, so that enquiries from other organisations, the public and health professionals can be signposted effectively. Please, get in touch to share this information with us if you have not done so already – email email@example.com and we’ll call you back or video call you as soon as we can.
Emergency support for funding applications in response to Covid-19
KCSC is offering the following support to any organisation working with residents in Kensington and Chelsea:
· Proof-reading grant applications
· Advice and guidance on project planning (whether longer-term or short-term in response to COVID-19)
· Telephone, video call or email support to structure funding applications
· Information, advice and guidance on short/long-term organisational development priority
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter to our local MP’s
On Sunday 22nd, an urgent communication was sent to Felicity Buchan MP and Greg Hands MP, from local Voluntary Sector membership organisations - KCSC, Westway Trust and the Volunteer Centre, Kensington and Chelsea.
The letter points out the imminent emergency in the borough due to the shortage of food at foodbanks and the need to deliver food and other essential supplies to thousands of potentially vulnerable people. We ask for support for: getting supplies into food banks and for co-ordination between food banks; putting pressure on supermarkets; supporting all of the fantastic efforts which have already been made by the voluntary and community sector and the wider community. These efforts include setting up processing, distribution and storage centres, redeploying staff and mobilising volunteers.
We will let you know if and when we receive a response.
Contacts for organisations seeking information about additional services
Organisations which work with service users aged 65+ should email Jess Millwood at Age UK K&C - email@example.com
Organisations which work with other vulnerable groups should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Offers of volunteering help should be referred to the Volunteer Centre K&C https://www.voluntarywork.org.uk/
Appeal for additional staff
We are aware that some organisations may have staffing resource which could temporarily be made available to other organisations looking at providing additional services.
If your organisation may be in this position then please contact us as a matter of urgency by emailing email@example.com.
- NHS response to COVID-19 in North Kensington Issued: 19 Marh 2020
- NHS Coronavirus Information for patients and service users
- Mind - Manageing Wellbeing
- RBKC - Street Trading Update 21 March 2020 Portobello and Golborne Road Markets
- Obtain supplies through Giving World
- Small Charities Coalition Survey into Covid-19 impact on Small Charities
- Small Charities COVID-19 Joint Letter to Government
- Working with volunteers and community to address Coronavirus