KCSC will be sending out weekly bulletins to provide information about the response within RBKC to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Please let us know if you have any comments, or would like to see any other information.
Latest news on activities in response to Covid-19
KCSC continues to attend daily virtual meetings of the Community Resilience group hosted by RBKC council, including key stakeholders such as the NHS, Public Health, Volunteer Centre K&C and other local organisations.
The Council’s Single Point of Access helpline is signposting residents to sources of support including numerous voluntary and community organisations.
An enhanced shopping service has now launched, including support for those who are digitally excluded.
Voluntary and Community Sector services in response to Covid-19
Under-65 food distribution service
KCSC, in partnership with RBKC and the Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea as part of the Community Resilience Group, supported by the Venture Centre, Bay 20 and SMART, are running a food distribution service for vulnerable individuals and families who are under 65.
Applications for the service can be made as follows:
- By organisations using a standard referral form which is then sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The form can be completed over the phone, by organisations or individuals calling RBKC's Single Point of Access helpline on 020 7361 4326.
- Individuals can also access the referral form online via the Council website.
If you have any queries then please call KCSC in the first instance, on 020 7243 9800 or the Venture Centre on 020 8960 3234.
Age UK K&C, with many local partners, is leading on providing additional support for people of 65 and older. Free Care packages with food and basic essentials will be delivered to people over 65 who:
- Are self-isolating
- Live alone (or with a partner also over 65 also self-isolating)
- Do not have local support networks who can bring food and supplies to them
- Have consented to receive the service
For more information please visit Age UK K&C’s website. If you wish to refer an older person in RBKC who meets the criteria above, please email their contact details to email@example.com.
KCSC helpline for the Voluntary Sector, agencies and health professionals
KCSC is running a helpline for use by organisations and professionals wishing to refer or signpost their clients to other services.
KCSC is working with voluntary and community sector partners to co-ordinate a ‘shopping’ offer for people who are not eligible for food distribution services and can afford shopping, but are unable to do their own shopping due to vulnerability or shielding. Contact details for the service are:
- If you are a professional call 020 7243 9804 or email the completed referral form to firstname.lastname@example.org to refer someone.
- Or residents can call the RBKC Covid Hub themselves on 020 7361 4326.
Emergency support for funding applications
KCSC is offering the following support to any organisation working with residents in Kensington and Chelsea:
- Proof-reading grant applications
- Advice and guidance on project planning (whether longer-term or short-term in response to COVID-19)
- Telephone, video call or email support to structure funding applications
- Information, advice and guidance on short/long-term organisational development priority
Please email email@example.com
- Latest Government guidelines, in summary
- Latest guidelines from Public Health England and NHS England, including guidelines on working in the community and home visits
- RBKC dedicated Coronavirus (Covid-19) web portal
- Doctors of the World updated Covid-19 Translated Guidance
- Age UK Food Bank Essentials Needed
- Public Health Guidelines: working safely during Coronavirus
- Public Health Guidelines: social distancing