The Green Doctors energy advice service is accepting referrals and there is no waiting time for residents to receive a consultation.
Their support is vital right now as more and more people are falling into fuel poverty. The below are some of the reasons why residents are now less able to cover their utility bills, causing them a lot of stress:
- We had a very cold and long winter- hence higher bills are arriving at the resident's doorsteps
- There are still a lot of people on furlough or who have been made redundant
- And a lot of vulnerable residents (elderly people and those with underlying health conditions) are still spending so much time at home
Organisations can signpost their clients to this service, or refer them immediately using this online referral form: Register for a telephone consultation– Green Doctors London.
Residents will speak with an experienced energy advisor. During telephone consultation, the Green Doctor can help families and individuals to minimise their spending by:
- Sharing easy tips on how to save money on their energy bills
- Helping to switch onto cheaper tariffs to save money
- Delivering free energy-saving items such as draft proofing strips/LED light bulbs/showerheads, etc
And, where they are eligible:
- Help to set up payment plans or
- Apply for debt grants on their behalf for energy and water debt (eg. Charis – energy debt relief grants)
- Access the Priority Services Register (for example the resident will receive support in a case of power cut)
- Access to water discounts (WaterSure/WaterHelp) and other discounts for which they may be eligible
- Refer residents to other services for additional support
Other reason to refer residents now:
- The advice they receive will help to improve their health and wellbeing
- Residents can be better prepared for the next winter
- They can support them straight away - no waiting time like in the autumn/winter
Feel free to pass this information to your colleagues or any organisations or individuals you think could benefit from this service.