- Contact Us
Community advocacy service for aged 18 and over for physical and sensory disability, and for any persons without any impairment aged 50 and over (those with mental health, dementia, learning disability etc. service provided by The Advocacy Project)
The Community Advocacy service will support issues such as:
• Disputes about social care
• Legal issues (or income maximisation issues beyond CAB’s remit)
• Disputes with organisations concerning the person’s disability or other needs
• Complaints – against social services and others e.g. British Gas etc.
• Dignity in Care in the community or residential settings
• Supporting Personalisation
• Making contact with wheelchair repairs, utilities, issues around blue badge parking etc.
• We can help people attend court but will not be representing them there.
• We can help with benefits and PIP/ESA support at assessments with preparation, and can attend appeals, but cannot support them with appeals process other than attending meetings with them
• We can help people with child protection cases to support qualifying adults to attend meetings but not the child.
• We can help with employment issues
POhWER provides advocacy support to society’s most vulnerable individuals, enabling them to get their voices heard and have choice and control about the services they access.