The Summer Give campaign raises funds for projects taking place during any school holidays (not just the summer!) between Summer 2020 – May half term 2021 (inclusive). The campaign supports charities to run fundraising campaigns and leverages match-funding for the funds raised. Applications will be open 20th January - 21st February 2020.
The application Process
All applications are processed through the Big Give platform.
The application process comprises the following steps:
- Charities upload their project details onto the Big Give platform
- Charities submit their pledge donations
- The Big Give and Childhood Trust carry out checks on applicant charities
- Funding offers sent out and the campaign begins
- Workshop and one-to-one support
- Campaign Week, during which donations are received and funds matched
- Charities receive their funding from their pledge donors and the Childhood Trust
- Projects begin
There will also be a Christmas campaign.
You can watch a short video about the funding model here.
Applicant charities must:
- be registered with the Charity Commission
- have one year of filed annual accounts
- have over £25,000 income (as per your last accounts)
- not be applying for funding for capital costs or religious activities