Grants of up to £25,000 are available for women’s organisations and services in England that are supporting women who are experiencing poverty and low income as a result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
The aims of the Fund are:
- To make women’s sector organisations stronger, more sustainable and able to build their resilience to economic shocks caused and magnified by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To use the knowledge and expertise of the specialist women’s sector to ensure the most vulnerable women are supported, and to help influence medium and longer-term responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To make women, on low income or at risk of poverty due to the pandemic, more financially resilient and giving them the confidence, tools, skills and support to secure a stable financial future.
Applications are accepted from organisations with an annual income of less than £250,000 that have a track record of supporting financially vulnerable women, including frontline organisations and services.
Any constituted not-for-profit group can apply for a grant of under £10,000.
Organisations applying for a grant £10,000 and over will need to be one of the following:
- Registered exempt or excepted charity.
- Community Interest Company.
- Community Benefit Society.
- Social enterprise.
- Company limited by shares.
- Company limited by guarantee (that is not charitable)
- Co-operative society organisation.
Priority will be given to organisations supporting and led by BAME women, women with disabilities and financially vulnerable LGBT+ women.