Funding is available for voluntary and community sector organisations to deliver Self Care activities in Kensington and Chelsea, Queens Park and Paddington. We are looking to allocate between £10, 000 and £40, 000 to each project. Priority will be given to innovative pieces of work that help West London Clinical Commissioning Group (WLCCG) achieve their objectives Self Care objectives.
Aim: We are looking for new and innovative projects that encourage, and empower adults 18+ to take control of their health and wellbeing through self care activities
Target: Adults at risk of poor health that are accessing a GP in Kensington and Chelsea, Queens Park and Paddington.
Projects should meet the following criteria below:
- Innovative and trial a new idea
- Provide group activities to reduce social isolation
- All projects must have a clear ‘exit strategy’ at the end of the project
- Experience working in the local community
- Promote self care and key health messages
- Work to improve the health and wellbeing of people in the community most in need, for example: isolated communities, BME communities, people who are overweight, people with long term health conditions, and people with a disability
- Focus on prevention
- Empower adults to take control of their health and wellbeing
- Focus on training to provide more sustainability and legacy for the project
- Please complete the Application form to apply for the Self Care Innovation Grants Programme
The deadline for submissions is 10am on Monday 9th July 2018. Projects will start on September 1st 2018 and should be completed by 31st August 2019.
Support is available for organisations that need help completing the form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see notes for more information about the Self Care programme and guidance notes for the completion of your application.
Please note: all successful organisations must attend a workshop on how to complete the monitoring framework, prior to the start of the grant. Successful organisations will also be supported through an organisational development check.
Kensington & Chelsea Social Council is a local charity working to strengthen local voluntary and community organisations. We offer free services to local charities such as help with funding application, health checks, trainings, governance advice and monitoring support. Find out more please contact email@example.com