Grants of up to £50,000 are available for projects across London that will make the city greener and give Londoners the chance to get involved, as well as helping adapt to climate change.
The funding is intended for projects that:
- Enhance London’s vital green and blue spaces and green the built environment, including increasing tree canopy cover and helping the city adapt and respond to the climate and ecological emergency.
- Create more opportunities for all Londoners, especially those with limited access to green space, to get outdoors, including by volunteering and developing new skills.
- Help to address the inequality in access to open space highlighted during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic by prioritising projects in locations that have poor access to green space and high levels of deprivation.
- Support London’s diversity of environmental organisations and grassroots groups to recover from the impacts of the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, as part of a green recovery.
Projects must have a minimum of 20% match funding. Match funding can be either cash (eg, from another grant, or from the organisation’s own funds), or in-kind (eg, donated materials, staff or volunteer time).
Organisations interested in applying are invited to attend one of the applicant information webinars taking place on:
- 8 September (3pm - 4:30pm).
- 10 September (11am - 12:30pm).
- 14 September (5:30pm - 7pm).