Check website for deadlines. Grants to support families and individuals for essential personal and household needs to assist families and individuals with low incomes, particularly those living on benefits. Family Action aims to support families during times of hardship to enable them to become stronger, happier and healthier.
Grant applicants must fall into one or more of the following priority areas:
- Older people: to promote independence and improve the quality of life and isolation for those aged 60 and over.
- Disability or sickness: for disability aids in the home or items required to allow discharge from hospital to home that cannot be provided by NHS or social care.
Greater London only:
- Mental health: for adults (over 18 years old) with a clinical diagnosis of a mental health problem.
- Domestic abuse: for those who have recently experienced domestic abuse.
- Holidays for women living in Greater London: for a recuperative holiday to recover health or strength after a physical or mental illness.
Applications must be made by a suitable referring agency (such as statutory agencies or charities providing health or social care, housing associations, probation services and GPs)
It is anticipated that grants will be for approximately £200 (up to a maximum of £300). Grants up to £500 can be made under the disability/sickness priority area and up to £600 for women’s holidays (depending on the size of the family).