This emergency funding is intended to support England-based not-for-profit organisations dealing with the impact of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis to develop the digital, data and design capabilities that allow them to address urgent issues and serve the most vulnerable.
Funding of between £5,000 and £60,000 is available. The funding is a combination of direct grants and payment for support from digital agencies.
7th September 2020, 5pm (Discovery Programme)
20th September 2020, 5pm (Development Programme)
To be eligible organisations must be doing work in one of the following areas:
- Connecting with older people.
- Connecting with disabled people.
- Providing advice and support to people who are pushed into crisis.
- Supporting those who are in medical care or end of life care.
- Providing essential items directly to families who are hit hardest.
- Supporting people who experience health inequalities.
- Supporting people who experience loneliness and social isolation.
- Supporting people who experience poor mental health.
- Supporting children and young people to achieve their potential.
Organisations must be part of a formal or informal network of ten or more other charities committed to proactively sharing learnings from the programme within their group. Networks include infrastructure bodies, federated organisations, and other groups.
riority will be given to:
- User-led organisations: organisations where the majority of the leadership (i.e. at least half of senior team and trustees) are from the communities the organisation serves.
- Organisations led by and for marginalised communities and those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis (particularly Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; Deaf and Disabled; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender and/or women-led groups).