One-off grants of up to £100,000 are available for community-led organisations that are facing severe financial difficulties as a direct result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 lockdown so that they can continue to deliver vital services.
The scheme is aimed at organisations delivering services in their local community to support people who are at high risk from coronavirus/Covid-19, with an emphasis on Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)-led or BAME-supporting businesses.
The funding and business support are intended to:
- Help people and communities experiencing disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
- Provide services and support for vulnerable people, for which there will be increased demand as a result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
The COVID-19 Community-Led Organisations Recovery Scheme will have three application rounds. Each round will have a short application window of three hours. This short application window is due to the expected high level of demand for the funding:
- Round One – Tuesday 28 July, 10am-1pm
- Round Two – Tuesday 4 August, 10am-1pm
- Round Three – Tuesday 11 August, 10am-1pm