Grants of up to £100,000 are available for front-line food aid charities to help them continue to provide food to vulnerable people. The funding is to be used to provide for people who are unable to afford food.
Applicants will be eligible if they:
- Are unable to meet an increased demand for food from vulnerable individuals or supporting charities.
- Have the capacity to distribute all of the food purchased under this grant by 9 August 2020.
Applicants will need to provide details on:
- Their capacity to distribute a minimum of 30% of the weekly average of food (by weight) for each week of the grant period.
- How many beneficiaries have sought support through their organisation on average per week, for the last four months.
- Their organisation’s fixed operating costs.
- Free reserves held.
- How many months’ operating costs would this cover in the current situation.
- To what extent they need to draw on reserves during the next six months.
- Income projections, as affected by COVID-19.
- Cash flow projections, as affected by COVID-19.
- Their current food distribution activities and explain how they plan to use funding from this grant.