Grants of up to £4,000 are available to strengthen local organisations by helping them with skills and advice to drive community projects forward, as well as providing the necessary funding and support that groups need to kick-start new initiatives.
Two types of grants are available:
- Capacity building grants of up to £500.
- Project delivery grants up to £4,000.
Applications will be considered from grassroots community organisations and charities with an income of less than £250,000.
The Fund has four main objectives and will support innovative projects that will tackle Comic Relief's four core themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: supporting children under the age of 5 to grow, play and learn in safe environments with people who love and care for them.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that champion women and girls, including initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation.
- A Safe Place to Be – projects that tackle homelessness and support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities and tackle stigma and discrimination.
There are no deadlines as this is a rolling programme.