Grants of up to £12,000 are available for community groups to facilitate their own community-led research projects, in collaboration with the Greater London Authority (GLA). The funding will go towards projects which seek to gain insight into a target community who are historically less represented at City Hall, or those communities affected by a specific social or political issue.
The aim of the programme is to:
- strengthen connections and engagement with communities whose voice and influence on public policy is under-represented
- improve insights into communities who do not currently have a voice in City Hall
- identify and develop community leaders within community groups and support capacity building within these groups
- generate valuable insight to inform policy and practice in City Hall
- build on the learnings from the pilot round of the Citizen-Led Programme, as a way of engaging communities and groups in the work of the GLA
The Community Engagement team is inviting interested groups to sign up to attend an information session to find out more about the programme.
Dates are listed below. Sign up for your chosen session via the links in the dates:
|11 February 2019||10am-12pm||Selby Trust, Selby Road, Tottenham, N17 8JL|
|13 February 2019||2-4pm||Paddington Arts Trust, 32 Woodfield Road, W9 2BE|
|18 February 2019||6-8pm||Toynbee Hall, 52 Old Castle Street, E1 7AJ|
|19 February 2019||12-2pm||Irish Cultural Centre, Hammersmith, W6 9DT|
|22 February 2019||4-6pm||City Hall, Queens Walk, SE11 2AA|