Grants of £5,000 to £15,000 a year are available for up to three years for projects which improve the lives of local children and young people affected by issues such as poor mental health, gangs, crime and violence, poverty, language barriers, and overcrowded accommodation.
The investment will be made in projects which tackle these issues in innovative ways and transform the lives of children and young people (under the age of 25). This includes projects that:
- Promote physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and healthy lifestyles
- Provide mentoring, peer support and volunteering
- Offer education, skills, training and employment opportunities
- Strengthen family relationships
- Improve and increase access to outdoor spaces