The Carers Innovation Fund will invest in innovative ways of supporting unpaid carers, outside of mainstream health and care services. The Fund aims to support accessible, carer-friendly communities and public services and also seeks to provide evidence on effective interventions to support carers. Organisations are invited to bid for up to £500,000.
The funding will be used to improve support across England and help build more carer-friendly communities. Projects will be expected to show a positive effect on:
- carers’ health and wellbeing;
- carers’ ability to manage work alongside caring responsibilities;
- carers’ ability to take a break from their caring role;
- reducing loneliness and social isolation.
Applicants will need to demonstrate their idea is a fresh approach that is better than existing provision, will benefit the local community and can be expanded and replicated.
Applications have yet to open. The application process will be divided into three phases:
- Phase 1: idea generation
- Phase 2: idea development
- Phase 3: idea implementation
During phase 1 (idea generation), applicants will be invited to submit an expression of interest. This stage is expected to open before the end of June 2019.