Why are diversity and local representation important?
Despite supporting a wide range of communities and causes, many local charities and voluntary organisations continue to struggle with low levels of diversity, representation and inclusion in their workforce. This means that too few of our community members have an opportunity to influence decision-making or shape the type of support, services and facilities available to them in the borough.
Increasing diversity and community involvement in an organisation has significant benefits, including enabling you to:
- Design programmes and services that are inclusive, effective and appropriate for different users;
- Empower or give voice to underrepresented or marginalised parts of the community;
- Establish a greater sense of trust in your organisation, and increase local support for your work;
- Form alliances and collaborate with others in the sector and community;
- Increase innovation and creativity, and improve problem-solving within your organisation; and
- Enhance staff engagement and retention levels.
What support can KCSC offer my organisation?
Through our programme, Kensington and Chelsea Together, KCSC provides one-to-one support and general training to organisations to help improve their resident engagement and participation models, and increase diversity and inclusion within their workforce. This includes supporting organisations with diversity and inclusion audits, providing inclusive recruitment training sessions, reviewing relevant organisational policies and procedures, supporting the development of resident engagement strategies, and more.
To learn more, get in touch with us by calling 020 7243 9800, emailing email@example.com, or exploring the links below: