Kensington and Chelsea Social Council (KCSC) working with the Portobello Business Centre (PBC) is running a brand-new programme of events for individuals, small groups of people with the germ of an idea, fledging organisations and more established social enterprises with a new direction in mind.
The session will offer a relaxed and creative environment for new and existing groups as well as individuals to meet and discuss ideas and exchange experience and challenges.
Each session will include:
- Incubator forums – informal networking opportunities to enable people to discuss and work up a new idea with drinks, snacks and finger food.
- Ideas labs – facilitated groups of those interested in a certain field to generate ideas for future working.
- On-the-spot surgeries – provided in partnership by the KCSC Organisational Development team and Portobello Business Centre (PBC), which will both have specialist advisors to hand. They will hold short one-to-one meetings with those needing specific advice, and set up follow up working session or refer on to other support (e.g. training, coaching).
Themes for the surgeries from KCSC include:
- Helping you to decide what type of organisation would best suit your aims.
- Supporting you to set up your business, charity, community organisation or social enterprise.
- Helping you to adopt policies and procedures.
- Helping you to find funding or find new sources of income.
- Help your organisation to develop new ways of working with the community.
PBC can help you figure out the following:
- How to select your business idea
- How to start a business
- How to start a social enterprise
- How to build a website
- Using video and live streaming for your business
- Basic online tools to run your Business (Gmail, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Hootsuite, Google Drive, WeTransfer etc
- Digital Day
- Sector-specific training
- Women only group training.
Anyone who attends the start-up sessions will be given a free start-up kit, providing a range of digital resources to help you to form a new organisation from the ground up!
Refreshments will be available.
These sessions are drop-ins, so feel free to just join us on the day. You can drop in anytime between 5-6.30pm. It would be helpful however if you let us know you are coming to give us an indication of numbers for refreshments.
Sign up for the second start-up session above.
See here all the other events on our new training programme supporting residents in North Kensington.